Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Welcome Art Glitter's New Guest Designers

Wow, anther 3 months have flown by and it's time to meet our new Art Glitter Guest Designers.

First I'd like to thank our outgoing trio of incredibly talented designers, Amy Anderson, Cassandra Midkiff and Lori Mendenhall. You were such an exciting group, very diverse and open to give of yourselves and your designs. I thank you very much. Please keep in touch with them with these links above and as always you can find them in our Art Glitter Guest Designer page: http://www.artglitter.com/guestdesigners.html

Please join me in welcoming our new set of diverse and talented designers:My name is Christine Lehto. I try my best to stay young at heart and remember how much wonder can be found in the smallest, simplest things. One of my goals in my artwork is to try to capture the wonder of new things. I strive to reflect and symbolize the enchantment of a young person dreaming in much of my creative endeavors. I live in a small town in Wisconsin where I can take bike rides along a nature trail during the non-Winter months. Riding outside in nature is like a mini getaway each time I ride and I discover the beauty of nature in its smallest details along with my camera. I earned my BFA degree at UW-Oshkosh with an emphasis in drawing and sculpture. While attending school, I discovered my love of watercolors and sculpting with Apoxie Sculpt. This is when and where Lilly the Ladybug (the main character from my storybook) took shape and blossomed into a variety of subjects for my work. Both Lilly and I hope you enjoy the work of Lilly Bug Studio and discover, "the wonder of new things."

I have an online Etsy store, Lilly Bug Boutique, where I create and sell a selection of products from limited edition prints and sculptures to pins, pens and magnets. I design all of my items and I take pride in creating items with superior craftsmanship. One of my most recent collections are my UpCycled sculptures made with burned out light bulbs, named the"Recyc-a-lites" and empty plastic or glass bottles, named "Re-Bottled." Currently I am also looking into the prospect of licensing my artwork and publishing my watercolor illustrations for children's picture books.

Please contact me with any requests, questions or comments.
e-mail, christine@lillybugstudio.com
Etsy shop, http://www.lillybugboutique.etsy.com
Website, http://www.lillybugstudio.com
Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/lillybugboutique
Blog, http://www.lillybugblog.com


I’m a mixed media artist, with a specialty in altered art book work and shrine boxes. I describe my style as “Vintage City Grunge”, and take my creative inspiration from the artist Jean Michel Basquiat, The Buddha, Nature, and from my collections of vintage paraphernalia including records, perfume bottles and vintage cookbooks.

Since 2007 I’ve been blogging, writing, creating, making, inspiring and loving life under the alias “The Craftaholic”.

I have an etsy shop, called Sweet Buddha Designs, and teach art and craft classes throughout New York City. Teaching creative arts classes is my calling, and I am always looking to expand.


I am a 30-something from St. Paul, Minnesota. I am a wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend. I adore all things crafty. I enjoy figuring things out for myself and I feel pride in making my own things. I love to repurpose and recycle items I already have into something beautiful! I also co-author a craft blog with my best friend at firefliesandjellybeans.blogspot.com. When I am not crafting, you will find me reading a good book, playing with my son, or watching a movie with my hubby. Some of my favorite things include: new clothes, summer, Harry Potter, sleep, and peanut butter!

Stay tuned, I've seen what's in store for us and it is fun!

1 comment: