Friday, April 8, 2011

Work the Stash with Glitter by Clare Dempsey


Like me, you might have a stash of supplies that you keep telling yourself you need to use before you buy more. I have found it a great idea to devote a day to using up the stash and to use Art Glitter to inspire me!

This Wednesday, I went through my stash of trims and pulled out some eyelet lace trim. I love all the rosettes that people are making with paper, and decided to use that idea with my eyelet. So, I cut a strip 18” long and folded it in half right side together. I matched my pattern on the edge and sewed a seam to form a band. Then I can make a basting stitch along the inside edge of my eyelet and pulled to gather the center.


Using another piece of eyelet, I used my Art Glitter Fabric Dries Clear Glue and embellished it to match my card stock and patterned paper. I think this would look wonderful on an Easter, or Mother’s Day Page! Here is my trim before embellishment.


Using the Dries Clear Fabric Adhesive and my Hibiscus 297 Ultrafine Transparent, and Bananan 92 Ulfrafine Transparent Glitter I followed the pattern of the lace. A dries clear glue is so important with lace! Here is the after picture.


I love that my Art Glitter gives me the look of an expensive and fashion forward scrapbooking embellishment for less! Now, what if you don’t have a stash of eyelet trim? You can get some at your local fabric or craft store and buy just 1/3 yd to make a 12 x 12 scrapbooking page. Let’s say the trim runs $4.99 a yd, now use a coupon for 40% off and only purchase your 1/3 yd and you have some eyelet for $0.99.

Still think that’s more than you want to spend. Then get the look with your paper punches, embossing folders and white paper and add your Art Glitter! Here is a faux eyelet I made using my Martha Stewart border punch and my Cuttlebug embossing folder.


Now I used all of these handmade embellishments to scrapbook a special dress I designed and made: my wedding dress. Another tip I would like to share is the use of corner punches for holding your professional photos. Someday, my children may want to frame some of the professional photos I scrapbook. So, I like to use corner punches and adhere the photo mat only to my page. I then slip my photo under the corners and later, they can be removed without being damaged.


Supplies Used:
Art Glitter Fabric Dries Clear Adhesive w/ Ultrafine Metal Tip
Art Glitter 267 Hibiscus Ultrafine Transparent Glitter
Art Glitter 92 Bananan Ultrafine Transparent Glitter
Eyelet (Rosette)
Eyelet (border) Hobby Lobby
All the paper is by My Little Shoebox from the Sew Cute Line: Nothing Buttons, Made with Love, Hand Made
Stickers from My Little Shoebox Sew Cute Line
Paper Doily My Little Shoebox Garden Party Buttercup
Title Foverever Young Cricut Cartridge
Corner Punch EK Success

1 comment:

  1. The combination of fabric and paper is interesting and it looks very professional.

    ReplyDelete