Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Vintage Pendant/Pin by Candy Spiegel

I have been wanting to create a pendant using the Inkssentials Memory Frames for some time, but never had quite the right idea to “encourage” me to invest in something new – until I discovered the Champagne Gala Glitz by Art Glitter.

Made with chunks of Shards Vintage Glass Glitter, Art Glitter Glass Beads and Fine Vintage Glass Glitter, it takes on such a variety of color and depth as it moves in the light that I knew I had to do something with it.
This is what I came up with …


I started by cutting out a 1x1 inch square of paper from Creative Imaginations.

Then, I turned an Inkssentials Memory Capsule upside down and filled it with the Champagne Gala Glitz and then adhered the paper onto it with Art Glitter’s Designer Dries Clear adhesive. I applied the adhesive near the capsule so the little bits of glitter wouldn’t escape.

I then cut three squares of Grunge Board (so the frame was completely filled) and adhered them to the back and inserted them all into the frame.


Next came the flower … it is from Maya Road. I inked it with Butterscotch Alcohol Ink. When dry, I added Designer Dries Clear adhesive to the middle and then filled it with small 803 Solar Glass Beads.

Once dry, I attached it to the frame with Designer Dries Clear adhesive.
For the bottom, I added a couple of jump rings and a metal tassel from Tim Holtz and a clear bead from Maya Road.

It can be added to a cord, chain or ribbon and worn as a pendant or you can cut off the top ring and adhere a pin to the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment