Monday, August 29, 2011

Elements and Glitter ATC by Shannon Bielke

Being a mixed-media artist at heart, I finally gave in to my natural tendencies and mixed it up a bit. This project caters to my love of all things small, as well as my fascination with ATCs. The size is similar to an ATC, just a little bigger. The mixed media part involves using glitter of course, a few of the Elements line, stampbord, paint, inks, stamps, mists, as well as brushes, pencils, pens, knives, and more.


I usually start a project like this with a quote or a favorite stamped image but this time I began with Art Glitter's Elements; "Meadow" (9). I chose it for the colors a long time ago, and I just love its scent! (This is one of those items that I just had to have long before I knew what I was going to do with it. You know what I'm talking about.) Having been properly re-schooled in the art of glitter, I knew I'd be able to put it to good use. And I did. I mixed it up with regular glitter, paint, inks, and stains. Fun and enlightening! I ended up using only a little for this project, and little bits of lots of other things.

I love how the different elements of this project work together, and I'm delighted with how the Element line adds dimension and seems to pull all the mixed up parts of this project together!

Supplies used:
Art Glitter:
Elements: Meadow (9), Fairy Bed (32)
Ultrafine Transparent: Miss Muffet (144), Fresh Green (312), Angel Dust (86)
Ultrafine Opaque: Cornflower (25), Dew Berry (314), Blackberry (16)
Dazzlers Flakes: Orange Crush (D35)
Designer Dries Clear adhesive
Ultrafine Metal Tip
Noodgers
Spoon Man!

Stampbord
Claybord Inks
Stazon Inks
Jaquard: Lumiere
Tattered Angels: spray mists
Stampendous: embossing powders
Hero Arts, Hampton Art Stamps, Tim Holtz Stamps

No comments:

Post a Comment