Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thanksgiving Hostess Gift by Clare Dempsey



I love to bring a little something for the hostess on Thanksgiving!  I know how much work goes into cooking for this holiday and love to have a little thank you for the cook! This year, I will be bringing a pin I made with Art Glitter and organza. And just so the host does not feel left out, I will pin it to a ribbon and tie the ribbon around a bottle of their favorite beverage!

Supplies:
Art Glitter Ultrafine Opaque Glitter #343 Chestnut
Art Glitter Fabric Dries Clear Adhesive
Brown Organza fabric cut 3” x 42”
Thread
Sewing Machine
Low Temp Glue Gun
Pretty Button
Chipboard 2 inch circle
Brown Felt 2 inch circle
Pin back


Start by cutting your organza.  I actually used a  roll of organza I found at JoAnn’s and cut it 21 inches long.  I then cut it in half lengthwise, so that I had two strips  3 inches wide by 21 inches long.  I overlapped my two strips by an inch and ran a basting stitch down the center lengthwise.



I then added a bead of glue using Art Glitter Fabric Dries Clear Adhesive and sprinkled on my Chestnut glitter.  Shake off excess and allow to dry.  I pulled my basting thread so that the finished length of the strip was 14” and folded the strip in half.



I followed the instructions on the Maya Road Flower video HERE.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez6MLD_hTDc
Some tips for the organza instead of ribbon: 
    •     Tie a knot at both ends after to gather and clip off the lose threads before gluing with the hot glue gun.
    •    Don’t wrap your center too tight or you won’t have a good space for your button.  Use a hole about the size of a pencil in the middle of your flower.
    •    You will have to fold your organza in half as you go.

Here is a close up of the finished flower pin.


I just used more of the organza strip to tie a bow around the bottle and then pinned the flower to the center. 

No comments:

Post a Comment