Thursday, December 8, 2011

Gingerbead & Christmas Tree Garland by Candy Spiegel

With Thanksgiving behind us, I’m ready for Christmas.

So, when Art Glitter asked me to make a few projects for December, I was excited to get started.
My first project is a miniature gingerbread and Christmas tree garland. It’s simple and cute and perfect for a little trim on a stocking, a table-top Christmas tree or on the edge of a shelf. I hung it on the window sill and it’s adorable.


The nice thing about it, is it is simple enough that the kids can get involved and soon everyone will be sparkly!

I started by cutting out gingerbread men and trees using dies from QuicKutz (Lifestyle Crafts). For the gingerbread men, I smeared Designer Dries Clear adhesive over the front of the die cut and then sprinkled Elements in Carrot (3) over the top. I love the dimension that Elements add and I must admit, Carrot is one of my favorites. Sometimes it is gold, sometimes orange and sometimes brown, but always fabulous!

(If you’ve never used Elements, they are organic compounds that have a bit of glitter added to them so they sparkle. They come in a variety of earth hues and smell wonderful, but since they are made from organic elements, they are not safe for your scrapbook. They are great for cards and other craft projects. Always spray with an acrylic or matt spray when dry to preserve.)

Anyhow, while the men were drying, I turned my attention to the trees, again covering all of the die cut except the trunk with Designer Dries Clear and then sprinkled them with Emerald Ultrafine Opaque Glitter (48). Once dry, I covered the trunk with Elements Sediment (27). If you click on the photo for a closer view, you can see the dimension it adds to the trunk.

Then, I added the Ultrafine Metal Tip to my Designer Dries Clear Adhesive and made tiny ornaments on the tree and buttons on the gingerbread men with Ultrafine Opaque True Red (1).

Then, I went through with Ranger’s Liquid Pearls and added eyes and frosting trim to the gingerbread men.

Once dry, I turned them all over and added a drop of Designer Dries Clear adhesive to the back of each one and then stuck on a piece of We R Memory Keepers’ twine, as you can see in the photo below.


I think they turned out rather cute, don’t you?

1 comment: