Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Heart Sun Catcher by Cassandra Midkiff

This is one of the first projects I was able to really play with Fantasy Film. For this project I used Fantasy Film in Aurora.


I cut out two heart shapes and crumpled them in my hand, then using the flame of a candle started melting them together. I knew I wanted some holes so I held some parts on the flame longer to create them. When I was satisfied with the shape I took some tulle and glued it to one of the larger holes. I cut out a tiny heart from some pink scrapbook paper then covered it with my Designer Dries Clear Adhesive and sprinkled it with Ultrafine Transparent glitter in Miss Muffet #144.  Once it was dry I glued it onto the tulle. I also smeared some adhesive onto the fantasy film and sprinkled on Ultrafine Transparent glitter in Sea Shell #100.

Once everything was dry I took a needle and poked a hole on the bottom of the heart where I placed a jumpring and my strand of vintage glass beads. I poked another hole at the top of the heart and placed another jumpring and then threaded it with some clear fishing line. So happy with the finished piece, the Fantasy Film looks almost like an iridescent glass and it sparkles so beautifully in the light. I plan on making more to give out for Valentine gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment