Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Glitter Jar with Cheri Goyer


I always love taking things that I have sitting around and making them beautiful and turning them into something usable again. That is exactly what I have to share with you today.  I am going to take you through how to take an old candle jar and turn it into a beautiful use for storage.


To create this beauty, here is what I started with the following:
An empty candle jar (lid optional)
Designer Dries Clear Adhesive
Ultrafine Transparent Glitter in #85, Crystal
Fantasy Fiber in Snowflake
Parchment Paper
Iron
Painter’s tape
Start by taping off a ring at the bottom of the candle jar, and the top of the jar. Then apply the Designer Dries Clear Adhesive with a paintbrush to the untaped areas and sprinkle on Ultrafine Transparent Glitter. 


After the adhesive has dried, peel off the painter’s tape. On top of a piece of parchment paper, lay out Fantasy Fiber long enough to stretch around the length of the candle jar. 
Then lay another piece of parchment paper on top of it. With an iron set on medium or polyester setting, heat the parchment paper where the fiber is for about3-5 seconds. When you lift the top sheet of parchment paper, the fibers should have adhered to each other and have a nice glossy finish, and will not separate from each other.  

Place a line of Designer Dries Clear Adhesive around the bottom of the top ring of glitter. Wrap the Fantasy Fiber around the middle of candle, gluing it in place. Let it completely dry, then trim the fantasy fiber around the jar and add any extra embellishments to your liking.  


I filled it with some candy, but it could be used for anything from holding craft supplies, to collecting loose change.  I hope you enjoyed my project. Be sure to stop over at my blog, http://oneheartscrapper.blogspot.com to see other  projects I have !

No comments:

Post a Comment