Tuesday, June 19, 2012

GLAM GLITTERING DREAMWEAVER DRAGONFLY by Laura


Art Glitter and Dreamweaver Stencils







ARE TEAMING UP THE ENTIRE MONTH OF JUNE TO BRING YOU AN AMAZING CREATIVE COLLABORATION MIXING DREAMWEAVER STENCILS AND ART GLITTER. COME ALONG FOR THE RIDE...WE PROMISE IT WILL BE A SPARKLING ONE!

*For the month of June Art Glitter is selling 1 oz jars of glitter for $5.98 (regular price $7.32)! Get the details HERE!

Hey folks! Today I have created a super glamorous, glittering dragonfly card for you. It is a new take (for me anyway) on the double glitter technique. The basic technique can be seen HERE.
 
 First, I soaped up the back of the LM 193 Dragonfly Stencil and attached it to the double sided adhesive paper. Then, one of the new and exciting ideas--I used Dazzlers! I put D38 Blue Eyes Dazzlers on the wings and pressed it down with my fingers. I tried to keep it just on the wings, but was okay with the bits that migrated. I brushed off the excess rather vigorously with my large stencil brush. Because the Dazzlers are large pieces (flakes, in this case), they don't really cover the entire sticky surface. This allows finer glitter (Ultrafine and Microfine) to attach around the bigger pieces. I found this out completely by mistake. I knew that I wanted the feet and head of the dragonfly to be detailed, so I spilled a little of the Microfine 514 Bavarian Forest up near the head and upper body. While burnishing it (pushing it down with my finger), I accidentally got some on the upper wing section. It created beautiful definition! It looks like he had veining in his wings. His lower body contains a little extra sparkle with Chunky Opaque Hologram 255 Lunar Lake. When I removed him from the background, I used Ultrafine Transparent Crystal 85 on the revealed sticky surface.
The background was done very similarly. I used LJ 901 Mosaic Swirls. This time, I used the round D15 Sea Nymph Dazzlers first. I really pushed them down. In this case, I could actually see all of the spaces around the glitter chunks. Sea Nymph is a multicolor blend. I purposely chose a color already present to fill in the blanks. In this case, I used Ultrafine Opaque 48 Emerald. When I removed it from the backing, I used Ultrafine Transparent 85 Crystal again to fill in the background. 
 
I was REALLY excited to share this technique with you. What makes it so special, you may wonder. Well, the look is very different. Dazzlers reflect light differently than Ultrafine or Microfine. Because of the larger surface, more light gets refracted and it creates an extremely flashy, glamorous look. I don't think the photos can accurately convey how eye catching this card really is. Give it a try yourself and see! During the Dreamweaver and Art Glitter Cross Promotion this month, you could win a great prize by just making and linking a card to the Dreamweaver Blog. Need further incentive? Ultrafine Glitter AND Dazzlers are on SALE! It is only $5.98 for a full one ounce jar. One ounce is really a lot of glitter! Get some and try this! You won't be sorry.
 
 
Laura
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment