Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Glitter Star with Cherie

CELEBRATE USA • FREE SHIPPING IN JULY! We are celebrating our great country's birthday all July with FREE SHIPPING on any standard retail shipping order of $50 or more*
ULTRAFINE 1 OZ JARS STILL ONLY $5.98
BY POPULAR DEMAND THROUGH JULY 31 • Reg. $7.32

*Get Coupon here... • Wholesalers Details here...


I hope you all had a wonderful holiday week! Being patriotic does not just stop at the 4th of July though! Being a military wife, we celebrate year round, and there is nothing more pretty than a glittered star! Best thing is, you can change the colors and make one for any season, holiday, country, or event. I chose to use blue and silver to use for the holidays and to use as a nautical star after!

products used:

Wooden Star (picked up at a local craft store)




Paint Brush

I started by using the #D31 Patriot Dazzlers and painted a section of the star with the adhesive. I then sprinkled the glitter on, shook it off, and proceeded to the next section. When I was done with the blue, I moved on to the #84 Shiney Si Ultrafine Opaque doing the same thing.

I finished it off by painting the trim with Designer Dries Clear and sprinkled #84 Shiney Si glitter around the edges to give it a clean finish.

I hope you enjoyed this simple glittered project.  I had a lot of fun with this one, and loved mixing the glitter sizes. Be sure to stop by my blog today for more glitter fun! http://oneheartscrapper.blogspot.com
Cherie


2 comments:

  1. thanks for the details on achieving the great look. I love stars and you have inspired me to try this technique

    ReplyDelete