Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Let Your Glitter Shine

Art Glitter works so well on a variety of mediums but I love the look of it on glass. It is an easy and fun way to make any piece of glass sparkle! I wanted to make some super fun votive candle holders for my table, of course Art Glitter was my first choice.

Products used:
-Art Glitter: Ultrafine Opaque, I used the following colors; #154 Twig, #21 Orchid, #351 Pink Diamond, #361 Cat Eyes, #353 Provence, #56 Pumpkin, #83 Silver, #233 Blue Hawaii, #234 Turquoise, #48 Emerald, #256 Purple Passion, & #356 Grape Nector
-Designer Dries Clear Adhesive
-Votive Candles
-Paintbrush

Glass may be one of my favorite mediums for Art Glitter. You may remember the Glittered Wine Glasses  for the new year. You want to begin by applying  Designer Dries Clear Adhesive to the glass. I us a paint brush for more even distribution.


This is a two step process  doing one half of the holder,  then the other.  I usually squeeze some adhesive on the glass, use the paintbrush to distribute over the glass. Next, cover with glitter and  shake off the excess. Then do the rest of the holder in the same way; brush on the adhesive, shake on the glitter and brush off. This is the result.

shown in #361 Cat Eyes

Or here shown in #356 Purple Passion


shown in #233 Blue Hawaii

I love the look with the variety of colors.  With Cinco de Mayo just around the corner it would be very festive for table decorations. Great for weddings as well.

 Be sure to swing by my blog, one.heart.scrapper. for another Art Glitter project!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment