Saturday, August 31, 2013

First Communion

  For my final post on the wonderful Art Glitter Want 2 Scrap collaboration, I was asked to create with a gorgeous Cross Chipboard Album.  I used pictures from my niece's First Communion.  I modified the album by cutting the edge to fit the Beautiful Bling Borders--Fancy Waves.
I used Art Glitter Designer Dries Clear and a selection of gorgeous Microfine Glitters.  They were 507 Black Wing, 508 Silver Moon, 518 Oak and 521 Cayman. 
I used the Designer Dries Clear with the Ultrafine Metal Tip to select and glitter portions of the background papers.  I also used the Want to Scrap Nestabling Labels Eighteen to frame my niece and the words on the front cover.
One of my new favorite colors of glitter is the Oak Microfine.  I love it because it is actually a blended color of various golds.  You can see some of the color variations here:

 The word on this page was made by stamping with Distress Ink and then using Stamp N Bond Adhesive, heating it, and pouring glitter over the top.
 I also enhanced the background and used a Build Your Own Bling pack to add pretty swirls on several pages.
Thanks for stopping by today.  As you can see, a beautiful album makes a wonderful foundation for a project.  With Want 2 Scrap and Art Glitter, it is really easy to enhance anything!

3 comments:

  1. Seriously beautiful! You should have heard the Aaaaw! I am so scrap lifting this for a 1st Communion gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Beautiful Laura!! I love all your photos too!!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete