Thursday, February 7, 2013

Cute Flower Fairy

Hope everyone is having a grand day today.  With Valentine's Day steadily approaching I thought it would be fun to create a quick and easy project that can be modified for other holiday events throughout the year by just changing the paper or embellishments used.


I used a new image which was just recently released from Penny Black Stamps.




 
Personally, since I have boys I think this will be a great invitation for a Valentine's Day Tea Brunch or perhaps for Mother's Day, but the possibilities are endless.
 
I colored the image with Copic Markers, the paper I used was a Metallic (Shimmer) Cardstock, I used the Spellbinders Dahlia Die Cut & the Grand Calibur Butterflies. I used the Die-namics Large Rolled Rose Die for the the cute flower that I glued to the butterfly.
 
For adhesive I used Art Glitter's Designer Dries Clear.  This is the only glue that I will use as it works on everything.  It is also acid free, non-toxic, permanent, and waterbased so if you have images you want to keep around for a while and not have to worry about this is definitely the glue you should be using.   I have also used this glue on my boys' broken action figures this is my go to glue. Also you will want the metal tip with the stainless steel pin. Tip: do not use a sewing pin with the the glue the stainless steel pins provided do not rust, but the sewing pins will.
 
 
 
 
Finally, to add that needed sparkle and complete the look, I used Art Glitter's Ultrafine Transparent in Hot Kiss. 
 
 
 
 Well, let me tell you from experience you definitely want to use Art Glitter not only is it worth it because the quality of the glitter is superior to anything on the markif your local store does not carry Art Glitter your can order online at www.ArtGlitter.com!
 
FYI, Art Glitter has a glitter to match every Copic marker color on the market. So if you have favorite Copic colors send us an email or keep an eye on our web page.  The color chart will be posted very soon.
 


Pamela
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment