Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pink Fantasy Earrings by Diana Gonzalez

Recently I agreed to work with Art Institute Glitter. No sooner did I get my shipment of art supplies in the mail, then I was already at work, creating. So I made a pair of earrings.


Are these not the coolest earrings you’ve ever seen in your life? Oh man, I love them. And I love working with Art Institute Glitter. Not just because I love glitter, mind you. They have some unique supplies, and are a  fun and easy company for an artist to work with. It’s nice when that happens.
I made these with their Fantasy Film. Oh my god, why didn’t anyone tell me about this stuff sooner? I LOVE it, so much!

To work with fantasy film, took my brown pigment ink stamp pad, and a rubber stamp with typewriter font. I stamped it, let it dry a bit, then crinkled it up. Then, I took a few pieces of film, and sandwiched it between two layers of parchment paper (parchment paper is a crafter’s best friend-it goes right up there with glue and glue sticks).

And then, I ironed it. I forgot to look at what setting I used. But experiment, I say!


Then, I cut out 1″ holes with a paper punch, and made these lovely earrings. Cute, eh? You can CLICK HERE to PURCHASE. And yes, I will be making more in a few different colors.

2 comments: