This month, Art Glitter is pairing with Penny Black. I was so glad that I had the opportunity to use these gorgeous stamps! For today's post, I have a materials list and a brief description of how I made this card. Order from Art Glitter the entire month of July in the amount of $25 or over, use the code PB20, and you will receive 20% off your order total! And remember, Art Glitter is MADE IN THE USA!!!
Penny Black Stamp Kisses in the Sun
Penny Black Acrylic Stamp Set Simply the Best
Art Glitter Parchment Paper
Versafine Ink in Majestic Blue
Distress Ink in Faded Denim
Distress Ink Blending Tool
Non Stick Craft Sheet
Large Acrylic Block
Small, Sharp Scissors
1) Stamp butterfly image on light colored card stock with Art Glitter black ink and heat set with tool.
2) Stamp Happy Birthday across paper with Versafine Ink. Fill the entire page.
3) Stamp just the word friend from the acrylic stamp "you are a friend for life" across the top of the lighter blue paper.
4) Cut around the outer, lower wind of the butterfly and then rip all the way around the edges on the light card stock.
5) Use the Distress Ink, Blending Tool and Craft Sheet to distress the edges of all of the papers.6) Use the Designer Dries Clear with the metal tip to color the foliage with the transparent glitters. Put one color on per pass. I used a light, medium and dark glitter in each section. The transparent glitter allows the beautiful detail of the stamp show through when the glue is dry.
8) Use the Designer Dries Clear and the metal tip to select words from the background and the word friend to glitter with the Microfine.
9) Cut out, stack and adhere the centers of the butterflies in two groups of three.
10) Adhere the centers of the butterflies over their positions. One will go where the stamp has placed it. The other is up to you.
11) Poke guide holes with needle and then stitch into place.
12) Assemble the card.
Thanks for stopping by today. I was really excited to share this project with you. Stop by my blog any time at www.rememberinglifesmoments.blogspot.com. Until next time, glitter on!