Tuesday, December 1, 2009

New Guest Designers

Wow, another 3 months has flown by and it is time to say hello to three new Art Glitter designers!

But first let me see what have I learned from our great designers over the last 3 months. Jan has showed me how much style you can accomplish with adding just one color of glitter to your projects. Violette has taught me how to use any paint laying around the house, even the house paint! And Lisa has made it official; I cannot throw ANYTHING out now, not even bottle brushes, cake figurines and so on. How do I explain this to my already frustrated husband?

I am purposely not saying goodbye to our out-going designers because once a guest designer, always a guest designer for Art Glitter. Feel free to keep your Art Glitter designer badge on your sites girls and buzz us anytime with a new idea! Thank you so much!

And now let me introduce you to:

Shelly Hein-Simmons
I share my home with husband Danny, 3 dogs 1 cat, 1 stray cat, Sheldon the Wonder Turtle and his fish friend, in Lakeside (San Diego) California. When I am not scrapping, I love being on the water and fishing (hence my online name – Reel Girl!). Animals and water are a big inspiration in my creations. I also love sewing, reading and crossword puzzles. I have been scrapbooking my life and “altering” things since childhood - always gluing pictures and memorabilia into some sort of album and personalizing every item I owned. My scrapping and paper crafting took on a new dimension and truly became a creative outlet for me in 2001. I am proud to have been published in Memory Makers Magazine, and several online scrapbooking and paper crafting Ezines, including Ready, Set, Create! and Scrapbook News and Review. Visit my blog: Reel Girl's Animal House.

Brenda Wampler
Brenda is an artist and teacher of many mediums. A Lover of Life. Treading Lightly. She has been creating for many, many years and is happiest when in the studio. She dabbles in just about every medium, and is all smiles when her hands are dirty.

Brenda has also been privileged to be published in various international magazines, including Cloth Paper Scissors, Quilting Arts, Haute Handbags, Altered Couture, Belle Armoire and other Stampington Publications. Brenda is married and living in the tiny town of Smithville, Texas. Brenda would be over the moon if her new amazing and perfect granddaughter didn’t live 1800 miles away!

If you would like to see what Brenda has been up to and learn a little bit about her, feel free to check out her blog: 
Memories and Treasures

Anam Stubbington
Hello, my name is Anam and I am so stoked to be here! I have been scrapbooking nearly 6 years now and enjoy it so much – it is my down time, creative space and personal therapist. Some of you might know me as ‘Kihaku’ around the internet (it means spirit and pronounce Ki-haa-Ku and is Japanese for Anam).

I am originally Irish, moved to the UK a billion years ago to be with Ian – my now hubby – and then 3 years ago we moved to Canada for Ian’s work (he’s a computer games artist). We have 2 little girls who are our blessing – both came after a long struggle with infertility so they are very precious to us. Fay is 5 ½ years old and about to enter grade 1 – She is a gentle soul but also can be frustrating. Lily is just over a year old and is the
opposite of Fay – lily is loud and constantly moving – if anything just by personality Fay is Ian’s and Lily is mine except in the mornings – both Ian and lily are NOT morning people. Ian is very understanding with my paper obsession. We’ve been together 11 years now and he is my best friend – supportive and annoying in good measures but I love him totally.

When it comes to scrapbooking, I am all about the stories, the memories, the moments. I love bright colours, dimension and texture. I try to make the paper part of the emotions of the page – getting them to help tell the story so it’s a combined effort of photograph, title, journaling and the papers!. Visit my blog that contains little bits of what goes on in my world: A Little Of My Life

Are you interested in designing for Art Glitter? We are always on the look out for new guest designers. Please visit our Guest Designers Call page to learn how.

1 comment:

  1. Huge congrats girls, and big *woohoos* to my two buddies Shelly and Anam *mwah*

    ReplyDelete