Monday, March 21, 2011

Easter Eggs & Bucket by Candy Spiegel

Easter is one of my favorite holidays. So, when I was invited to be a guest designer for Art Glitter, decorating eggs was the first thought that came to my mind -- although it took me a few tries to come up with something I liked.


I purchased the eggs from Michaels and attached a cotton lace ribbon from May Arts with Designer Dries Clear adhesive, using the Ultrafine Metal Tip. I love this adhesive because it dries quickly and sticks to almost anything.

When applying the lace, I placed two tiny dots of glue and held the lace in place for a few seconds. Then, I worked slowly around the egg, applying 6-8 dots at a time and attaching the lace, holding it for a few seconds and then doing the next section.

I then let each egg dry for a few minutes before starting with the glitter.


I used glitters from the Egg Medallion Collection – Ultrafine Transparent Glitter in the following colors: 147 Pink Azalea, 103 Jonquil, 161 Palo Verde, 96 Blue Water, 105 Forget Me Not, 162 Just Peachy and 203 Eggplant. The set is nice because you get a variety of matching colors at a great price.

Once I finished the lace, I went back through a applied a dot of Designer Dries Clear adhesive into the center of the lace. Again, I worked in stages, doing 6-8 dots at a time and then applying the glitter.

I stuck a Glue Dot on the bottom of each egg to hold it while it dried.
I picked up the bucket at a yard sale. The ribbon on the handle was originally tied on the bag of eggs I bought.

To decorate the bucket, I cut out the vintage Easter card from the Seasonal Paper Stash by Tim Holtz and adhered it with Designer Dries Clear. I used my finger to spread the glue around to the edges and then stuck it to the bucket.

For the glitter, I used the leftover from the flourish mask by Tim Holtz (the part you normally throw away) as a guide to apply the Designer Dries Clear adhesive. Then I added a few pink dots just to add to the sparkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment