Monday, March 14, 2011

Snowflake Album in a Box by Janelle Burba


This has been such a fun project. As you can see the Bo Bunny Midnight Frost Collection was my entire inspiration. Snowflakes have always intriqued me with each one being unique ~ kind of like all of us crafters....bringing something different and wonderful to the world. I wanted to make something I could sit out on a coffee table all year round for my guests to enjoy family photos ~ "WALAH"...a cigar box with an album inside. The process ended up being a bit more complicated than I originally thought but if you have any questions, you can always email at janelle0515@yahoo.com.


I first spray painted the box to ensure that the hard to reach places wouldn't be stark white when covered by paper. I found a really great trim that matched perfectly and gave the box a little skirt. I found attaching it to the bottom gave the box height. I covered the box and then I glittered it up accenting the paper and also adding some chipboard snowflakes to the cover. I think it turned out so beautifully! I even made a chipboard snowflake to emphasize my title. My husband Rod helped with painting and screwing on the ball feet and he even added a little felt to help it from sliding.


The album was simple but time consuming as I wanted it to be special and ready for photos. I used card stock of many different colors and cut out pieces from the collection. Each page is unique and I used old winter paper scraps to add to the overall theme. Remember when doing a ready-made album, always leave room for journaling. Keeping the memories alive with a photo is only part of the job as you need to remember the occasion with words so that generations to come can share the experience.


Designer Dries Clear Adhesive
Designer Dries White Adhesive

3 in 1 Beacons Adhesive
Bo Bunny Midnight Frost
TPC Christmas Village
Coredinations card stock - many colors
Chipboard (Oriental Trading)
Metal snowflake embellishments (everywhere)
Zva Creative bling snowflakes
Wooden balls (Michaels)
Tim Holtz Curio Knob
Binder Rings
ribbon
buttons
Tsukineko Embossing Powder #06 Sparkle
Cloisonne High Gloss Granules Emerald Onyx
Diamond Dust
Glitter:
81 Lagoon Ultrafine Opaque
26 Midnight Ultrafine Opaque
27 Navy Ultrafine Opaque

173 Ripe Plum Ultrafine Opaque
62 Copper Canyon Ultrafine Opaque
66 Yellow Ultrafine Opaque
79 Black Ultrafine Opaque
75 Blue Moon Ultrafine Opaque
D15 Sea Nymph Dazzlers
904 Blue Topaz Vintage Glass Glitter
900 Silvery Moon Vintage Glass Glitter

189 Pearl Ultrafine Pearlescent
16 Trees Elements
809 Fox Trot Large Glass Beads
D16 Ariel Dazzlers

3 comments:

  1. I love the snowman and the black snowflake! It is wonderful to see samples as there are so many beautiful colors, I don't always see how to use a color until it's made up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful and what a great idea to have an album in a box! I love it! It's great that your husband joined in on the fun and now he can say he helped when all of your visitors are admiring it. Happy crafting :) Connie

    ReplyDelete