Saturday, October 13, 2012

Glittering Ghosts

After I made 3 garlands a few weeks ago, I decided to add another little touch to the grouping...
Little glittered ghosts! Here's what I used:
  1. Frosted vellum paper
  2. Helmar Vellum Adhesive Spray
  3. Art Institute Ultrafine Transparent Glitter - #85 Crystal
  4. Masking tape
  5. Thin white sheer ribbon
  6. Large piece of paper to spray on
First I cut the ghosts out of vellum, punched a hole in the top of each, then I cut eyes and the "Boo" shapes out of masking tape and stuck them on the ghosts. I then lightly taped the ghosts with double stick tape to a large piece of paper.
Next... do this outside! You are going to be using spray adhesive and making a mess. I put a pretty substantial layer of spray glue on the ghosts and poured glitter over that...
Then I poured even more glitter on them all.
After I let the dry for a while, I removed the masking tape carefully to reveal my subtle non-glittered eyes and "boo"s.
I put ribbon through the hole in the top of the ghost and slowly started adding them to my other garlands.
Then I added all of the ghosts...
until it was packed! These would also be fun as gift tags, hanging in chandeliers or as little ornaments on a tree!
Come see more fun on my  Blog!
Carrie


















No comments:

Post a Comment