Friday, April 9, 2010

Glitter + Canvas = Bliss by Cheryl Waters


Spring has sprung and I love the colors of Spring! They are so cheerful and lively. I love using the colors of Spring in my art. One of my very favorite mediums is that of canvas. I love the raw feel and texture. The wonder of canvas . . . it can be stitched, primed with gesso, painted, stapled. . . the possibilities are endless. When using glitter on canvas it gives it a grungy glamour. What a beautiful combination. When you see the sparkle and shine against the raw fiber of canvas . . . it reminds me a bit of the ocean.


In this layout I used canvas by C and T Publishing. I also used some unique elements and embellishments. I am not a big Sushi eater but those cute little Sushi wrappers . . . well, I found some that resemble pink grass that I used on my layout. I sprinkled Antique White Transparent Art Glitter on my project and especially on the ‘pink grass’. I love the way the transparent art glitter gives it a soft hue against the ‘pink grass’. I also used rubons on the pink grass. Microbeads and fabric flowers I cut from a flower arrangement I found at a party store last Easter added a ‘Spring like touch’. I used pom poms and even added some stamped Shrinky Dinks.


Art Glitter Dries Clear holds it all together for me. I love that I can glue metal, beads, glitter, or fabric with Art Glitter Dries Clear Adhesive. Another fun way to use glitter on canvas is to paint the canvas and before the paint dries sprinkle glitter in the paint. An instant shimmer.


So give it a try this Spring. Try some glitter and canvas . . . the perfect combination in my book. There’s lots of ideas . . . you could make a canvas book, canvas wall hanging or pillow

6 comments:

  1. Cheryl -

    I love this! GORGEOUS! And Pink sushi wrappers - who would have thought to use that in a layout - not me! Just wonderful!

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl,

    This is wow! simply gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your sweet comments. Oh how I love glitter! Oh the choices with Art Glitter. Simply yummo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. Thanks for sharing. Love this blog. I will be checking out Art Glitter. Lucinda Fiskateer#7098

    ReplyDelete