Monday, September 13, 2010

Glitter Leaf Wreath by Fawnda Norman


Hello! I am so excited to be a guest designer for Art Glitter for the next few months! Let me introduce myself: I am Fawnda from Fireflies and Jellybeans.




For my first project I am all about fall! It is time to glitter up some leaves and make a wreath! I used colors from the Art Glitter Turning Leaf Glitter Color kit...Perfect for this project!



Here is what you will need:


Silk Leaf garland (I got mine from the Dollar Store)

Foam Wreath (Also from the Dollar Store)

Wide Ribbon

Straight pins

Art Glitter Ultrafine Glitter: #119 Cranberry, #231 Copper Harbor, #65 Old Gold





1. Pin one end of your wide ribbon to the back side of your foam wreath. I used 2 pins to hold my ribbon in place.




2. Wrap your wide ribbon around your wreath covering the whole surface and pin in place at the end.




3. Pull all of your silk leaves off of your garland.




4. Use Art Glitter Designer Dries Clear Adhesive to make some detail on your leaf.




5. Spoon your glitter over the glue and shake off the excess over a bowl or piece of paper. (I used 119 Cranberry on this leaf)




I also out lined the leaf with the glue and added the glitter.




I used three different colored leaves with three different glitter colors.

>From Right to Left:


119 Cranberry, 231 Copper Harbor, 65 Old Gold

Now wait an hour for your glue to dry.

6. Once your glue is dry you can pin your leaves to your wreath. You could also use hot glue to attach the leaves to the wreath.




Continue adding leaves around the whole wreath filling in the gaps as needed.




To hang up your wreath you can thread a ribbon or twine or rope through one of the loops made by your wide ribbon.




Now you have a BEAUTIFUL Glitter Leaf Wreath all ready for fall!



I hope you enjoyed my first glitter project with me! I look forward to doing more with you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Very nicely done wreath in gorgeous fall colors! I was thinking about ordering the Turning Leaf set for some of my fall themed projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!!! :) Thanks for sharing with us!!! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete