Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Tickled Pink by Connie K.

I was thinking I need a box to keep all my Valentines in, every year I save a few. They are scattered about...

When I am out thirfting I pick up boxes, and this was from my stash... I think it is just the perfect size. Originally it was probably filled with greeting cards ...the lid is attached and lifts up...but any box could work.

I used valentine paper I had but it was a little to bright for the shabby look I was going for ...sooo I white washed it, (once it was adhered to the box) with craft paint and then wiped it off with some baby wipes while it was still wet. It has a much softer look to it... then the edges were distressed with tattered rose distress ink to shabby it even further.

Once the box was altered I started with the embellishments...my favorite part!


First, was the glass fringe around the edge of the lid and then I layered some cotton lace on top of that. I used beacons 3 in 1 for this...


For the feet I used little wooden knobs from the wood section at hobby lobby...painted those and then lightly distressed using the tattered rose distress ink. Those little feet gave it a whole different look...


The kissing birds on the front and the resin flower on top of the knob are from making memories. I painted those with craft paint first and glittered both pieces with ART GLITTER Ultrafine Transparent #101 Baby’s Breath using Designer Dries Clear Adhesive. This is such a yummy color...

Once the knob was attached...I adhered the resin flower to the top and the kissing birds to the front of the box. I used two colors of rayon seam binding for a bow on the top and attached a love ticket with some pale pink thread..

I was tickled pink with the results!

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. I love how feminine and elegant it is.

    ReplyDelete