Thursday, April 14, 2011

Say Yes to the Dress Mini Album by Janelle Burba


As you might have noticed, I love color. The brighter, the better and I am always looking for inspiration. Whether it be in the beauty of nature or the vibrancy of someone's spirit...I am always looking. My inspiration for this project came from some beautiful older paper from Prima Marketing. As I was searching the net, I noticed it and just a few weeks later, my thoughts and designs erupted into what I think is a pretty wonderful project.


Being the mother of a beautiful little girl (ok..not so little anymore as she turns 17 next month), I have had many opportunities to take photographs of her all dressed up for whatever occasion. My friend, Gina Perkes, who is a master at all things crafty suggested that this mini might be a good place to catalog her growth through dresses as she has grown into the amazing young lady she is today. Thanks Gina for this great idea and what fun it has been.


I started with a pre-made chip board mini (they come all shapes and sizes) and just started covering the pages.


Dress forms seem to be one of my favorites right now so I put pencil to paper and started imagining some page designs. I drew the dress forms onto chip board and started cutting away. I think they added a nice touch!


This mini has several hand-made envelopes that can easily be made by scoring the edges with simple folding. I did add a really cool little book with a holder to my mini. I believe the idea was from Tim Holtz some time ago but I honestly can't remember and the holder came directly from Tim's house in a box of recycled goods. Thanks, Mario (I told you I would use that packaging).


The accordian page is probably my favorite and I use that technique often as I have SO MANY PHOTOS!




Last but not least, I made one of Tim's sizzix die cuts into a "mini" journaling book so I can give details about my daughters special events.


The glitter was the highlight to my book as I added it everywhere.


Materials:
Prima Marketing Paisley Road Collection
Core`dinations Card Stock - assorted colors
Art Glitter Designer Dries Clear adhesive
Ultrafine Metal tip
Beacon's 3 in 1 adhesive
Vintage Glass Glitter #910 Rose Quartz (probably my all time favorite glitter)
#304 Petal Pink Ultrafine Transparent
#79 Black Ultrafine Opaque
#247 Moulin Rouge Ultrafine Opaque Hologram
#713 Fair Microfine Transparent (perfect color for light skin tone)
D11 Roulette Dazzlers (I LOVE LOVE LOVE DAZZLERS ~ they cover so nicely)
#164 Chrysalis Ultrafine Transparent
Judikins Embossing Powder White
Cloisonne High Gloss Embossing ~ Plum Slade and Smokey Obsidian
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist ~ Carribean Blue
Tim Holtz Florish Mask
Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher and staples
Tim Holtz Hitch Fasteners (love them for door knobs)
Tm Holtz Hanger Clips
Tim Holtz Sizzix ~ Sewing Room
Tim Holtz Distressed inks - assorted
Color Box inks - assorted
Assorted brads and ribbons from Michaels or Hobby Lobby
Prima flowers ribbon
Graphic 45 metal hinges (love them)
Martha Stewart punch
Stampendous velvet class a peel stickers
7 gypsies gaffer tape scroll
Impression Obsession, Inc. dress form stamp
Glitz mini alphabet


2 comments:

  1. Ah,they grow so fast! What a sweet way to remember your little girl. She will always be Mama's baby! :) Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mini albums and this is a great theme for one! Thanks for the inspiration to bring out the bling!

    ReplyDelete