Steampunk is all the rage in the paper crafting world right now and this is my take on it.
I used papers from Graphic 45 to cover a mini milk jar (this one once held Prima flowers). All of the papers are adhered to the glass jar with Art Glitter's Designer Dries Clear Adhesive. Then, to cover up the portion of the jar where the lid screwed on, I first glued a black ribbon around the mouth of the jar and then wrapped and tied a second ribbon on top.
Next are the flowers. Both flowers use stems from Wendy Vecchi’s Art Parts. I painted them with Adirondack Color Wash.
The smaller flower is cut out with Sizzix Bigz/Tim Holtz Alterations die Tattered Florals. I used a bit of Distress Ink and bended the edges of some of the petals. I then attached a clock face, metal leaf and spinner with a brad (all Tim Holtz products). Since the clock face is so heavy, I used Designer Dries Clear Adhesive to glue it to the flower and then made sure the Art Parts stem goes all the way across the back to hold it up.
The larger flower is one of Wendy Vecchi’s Art Parts covered in paper. I traced the flower onto the paper, cut it out and then used Designer Dries Clear Adhesive to adhere it. Once dry, I sanded the edges and then added Distress Ink to the ends of the petals.
Next, I took another paper flower (cut from the Tattered Florals die) and adhered to the center. Then, I smashed a bottle cap and glued that on. Then, I applied Designer Dries Clear Adhesive and filled it with Art Glitter Elements #3 Carrot. I absolutely love the organic effect.
Once dry, I glued on a gear and hitch from Tim Holtz with the Designer Dries Clear Adhesive.
I attached a Swivel Clasp (also from Tim Holtz) by adding a jump ring to the chain end, which goes over the hitch, and using Designer Dries Clear Adhesive to glue the clasp onto one of the petals. With additional jump rings, I attached beads from Maya Road and a charm from Tim Holtz, with Graphic 45 paper adhered onto the back.
Finally, to cover up the clasp, I cut a flower out of the Graphic 45 paper and glued it to the top. Then, using the Designer Dries Clear Adhesive with the metal fine tip, I randomly applied glue to some of the petals and then added Art Glitter Small Clear Glass Beads for a hint of sparkle without going too over the top.