Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sunday Best Scrapbook Page by Janelle Burba


This month I wanted to use my glitter on a scrapbook layout. Since I spend more time on my pages than most, I thought it would be fun to see how I might dress one up a bit with glitter. As I commonly do, I used a photograph for my inspiration for this page. Lately, I have been busy looking through old family pictures and heritage layouts are so important. I love remembering those people, past and present that I love so much. I found an old Easter picture of my mother and sister and since it is spring, I needed to do something special with it.


I began with the Vintage Whimsy Collection by Crate Paper and went from there. I really enjoyed working with the muted pink and blues against the chocolate brown cardstock. I must say these colors are quickly becoming my favorites. After the papers were in place and the photo glued, I added prima flowers and trinkets, some random metal pieces and large letters from Heidi Swap. Tim Holtz helped with the bird cage die cut. I used a cool technique on it to make it look aged. I used several types of glitter in many different colors(see supplies) and some misc. beading. I hope you enjoy it.


Designer Dries Clear Adhesive
809 Fox Trot Large Glass Beads
914 Rich Gold Vintage Glass Glitter Shards
524 Tree Bark Microfine Opaque
292 Mint Julep Ultrafine Transparent
713 Fair Microfine Transparent

3 in 1 adhesive
Vintage Whimsy Collection by Crate Paper
Tim Holtz Cardstock
Tim Holtz Caged Bird Die Cut
Tim Holtz jump rings
Prima flowers and trinkets
Ribbon and lace(Paper and Metal Scrappers)
Making Memories metals (Michaels)
Chipboard Letters (Heidi Swap)
Jillibeab sugar pick
Scotch Liquid glue
Adirondack Alcohol Inks -butterscotch and Hazelnut
Stencil Magio Gold Paint Creme


Technique for old bird cage:

Die Cut
Cover with Scotch liquid glue...dries clear
Drop Alcohol inks in glue while wet (I used hanzelnut and butterscotch Ranger)
Use heat gun on die to create bubbles and dry glue (creates texture)
Use gold creme paint with finger to highlight section of texturizing ( I love it)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm gonna have to try this glue technique with my Art Glitter glue! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete