Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Fantasy Garden Frame by Shannon Bielke

This was such a fun project! I've always been an altered/rustic kind of artist and all that involves.


You know, pieces that are aged, mismatched, darker colors, and random items . . . but then I discovered glitter! Glitter is not all girlie (and yes, it certainly can be!), it can also be subtle, beautiful, and classic.

Art Glitter's colors are fantastic and beautiful, and their tools make it easy to use the glitter subtly and delicately or boldly and brilliantly. At first I thought I might not be any good using glitter, but never fear! It was fun, easy, and amazingly creative!

This project, my Fantasy Garden Mirror, practically created itself with all the beautiful parts I used, and then inspired me to find different ways to use glitter and Fantasy Film in other projects. Yes, glitter can add to my altered art pieces, and Art Glitter's Elements Earth Textures are fantastic for rustic pieces!


Art Glitter Dries Clear Adhesive
Fantasy Film: Spring Morning, Satin
Ultrafine Opaque: 122 Sage, 40 Ocean, 42 Aqua, 10 Baby Pink
Ultrafine Transparent: 168 Black Light
Ultrafine Metal Tip
Tools Kit
Kaisercraft Wood Frame
Jacquard Lumiere: Citrine, Metallic Olive,
Pinata Color Extender
Prima Flowers Valentine Vine White
Misc. stamps

1 comment:

  1. My Goodness what a gorgeous treasure! I just happen to see some your work at artglitter.com as I have just bought some fantasy film and was wondering how to use it:)
    I am now a follower and look forward to visiting again:)
    Huggs
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete