I had so much fun with my last project for the Art Glitter Institute (Fantasy Film Art Quilt....No Sewing Required) that I decided to make another one and add Fantasy Fibers this time! This is getting addicting...
Supplies I used:
Tulip® Brand Fabric Spray Paint™, Beads in a Bottle™, Slick Dimensional Paint, cotton broadcloth (approx. 18" x 24"), cotton muslin, parchment paper, Art Glitter Institute's Fantasy Film and Fantasy Fibers, Pellon's Wonder Under®, Fabric Dries Clear Adhesive
I started with a piece of muslin that I sprayed with various colors of Tulip® spray fabric paint for my background. I used a fish that I made in a workshop I took with Pattie Wilkinson where she taught how to use Tulip® Fabric Markers with a paintbrush and water to create a watercolor effect. I ironed Pellon's Wonder Under® onto the back of the fish (remember to always cover your project with parchment paper when ironing so you don't get your iron gooey), cut him out, peeled off the backing sheet and ironed him onto the background. I took a few pinches of each color Fantasy Fibers and arranged them randomly around the fish, put parchment paper over them and ironed for a few seconds. To hold it in place I brushed some Fabric Dries Clear Adhesive behind the fibers with a paintbrush.
I then cut three same size pieces of yellow Fantasy Film, layered them on top of one another, sandwiched them between two sheets of parchment paper and ironed for a few seconds. I repeated this process for the pink and blue Fantasy Film. Next I applied the Wonder Under to the ironed Fantasy Film pieces according to package directions. I cut out random long wavy triangle shapes to represent seaweed with the pink and yellow film, and different size circles of blue for the bubbles. I peeled off the backing paper from the Wonder Under, arranged the shapes I cut out onto my quilt, covered it with parchment paper and ironed them on. Again, so easy! I applied a few more layers of the different colors of fibers to make the piece look more dimensional.
I finished off the project by applying Beads in a Bottle™ to areas of the fish and outlined the shapes in Slick Dimensional Paint.