Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Double Glitter Fun
Art Glitter Ultrafine Transparent 85 Crystal
Art Glitter Ultrafine Transparent 273 Cornsilk
Dreamweaver Stencil LM 2011 Poppy Circle
Double Sided Adhesive Paper
A Soft Bar Soap such as Dreamweaver Handmade Hawaiian
Stencil Brushes, one large, three small
Adirondack Pigment Ink in Sunset Orange, Terra Cotta, Lettuce and Bottle
1) Rub soap across the back of the stencil until it appears to be covered with a cloudy film.
2) Use the large stencil brush to brush off all the clingy crumbled bits from the stencil.
3) Expose one side of the double sided adhesive paper and place on the soaped side of the stencil, leaving a little border around the edge.
4) Pour Cornsilk Glitter over the stencil and the paper on the edges. Press down a little with your finger.
5) Use the large brush to brush off the excess glitter.
6) Ink up one of the smaller brushes with one ink color and lightly tap off a little color on the paper towel.
7) Stencil the color onto the glitter. Repeat with all the colors until the piece looks shaded and colored the way you like it. Let the pigment ink dry a little.
8) Place project face down on a flat surface and carefully peel paper off the stencil. Keep the stencil flat.
9) Pour Crystal Art Glitter over the entire thing.
10) Carefully brush off the excess.
The edge of the paper is the original Cornsilk color. Like I mentioned earlier, this ONLY works with transparent colors. You should chose a color that goes with every color that you want to paint with. In this case, the Cornsilk color is light and yellowy, which goes well with both the greens and the oranges that I used. The best part? When the card sparkles, the use of the base color causes it to look more cohesive. Take a look.....
Come visit my blog for more fun!