Friday, June 4, 2010

Welcome Art Glitter's New Guest Designers

I'm so excited to introduce you to our new set of guest designers. But first join me in thanking our last set. Emily Montenaro, Laura Fraedrich and Cheryl Waters. They are first rate designers and I so enjoyed the diversity, fun and beauty they shared with us through their designs. We will miss you guys, but we know where to find you! Thank you again!!!

Art Glitter's Guest Designers for June, July and August are just as diverse and fun! You are going to learn even more from them! Please take the time to read their bios and check their blogs/websites out. You can find their links to the right and in our guest designer page on ArtGlitter.com Yes, I'm excited!

Amy Anderson: I am a 33-year-old transplant from Seattle living in Atlanta, Georgia. I was born from creative genes, so I'm carrying on the tradition. I have been knitting for 18 years, sewing for longer and decoupaging for just a few. I do all of these things on a daily basis, or at least as much as I can. In addition to Mod Podge, I love the color blue, dogs, reading, cold weather, funny movies, road rallies, yogurt, garden gnomes, sock monkeys, running, tattoos, being outdoors, buttons, snuggling and apparently blogging. Who knew I would love it this much? Visit my blog often: http://modpodgerocks.blogspot.com

Lori Mendenhall: I'm a jewelry designer and mosaic artist from Orange County, CA. I specialize in resin and polymer clay, often combining them. Oh, and I should mention, I love sparkly things! I'm very happy to be here at Art Glitter sharing some of my techniques on how I incorporate glitter (and other Art Glitter products) into my work.

About five years ago I decided it was time to re-claim some "me" time. I took a simple jewelry-making class and immediately became addicted. My work has been published many times in such magazines as "Belle Armoire Jewelry", "Bead Unique", "Bead Trends", "Bead Star", "Polymer Clay Cafe", and the Bead-A-Day Calendar. I'm thrilled that my friend Jodi Bombardier included my work in her upcoming book "Weave, Wrap, Coil: Creating Artisan Wire Jewelry".

Besides crafting, I love to read, travel, and bake. Wish I had time to do all of these much more often! I have a son and daughter who keep me busy as a chauffeur, cook, maid, and homework helper. Feel free to email me at lorimendenhall@cox. net with questions about the techniques I write about. Lots of people helped me along the way - and still do, and I am glad to give back. I'd be honored if you'd view my site www.lorimendenhall.com.

Cassandra Midkiff: I live in beautiful Sedona, Arizona and have the privilege of having Art Glitter only 20 minutes from my house. I am a full time graphic design student, single mother of one independent 6 year old girl (who has a brilliant imagination and lots of spunk) altered artist and homemaker. When not creating I enjoy finding hidden treasures at thrift and antique stores, spending time with my family, visiting the ocean any chance I get, getting lost in a good book or movie, finding myself on road trips, adventuring in my fantasies, thinking of the never ending possibilities and hoping that one day I can make them realities.

I find inspiration in the sea and love anything to do with it; mermaid themes are my favorite art pieces to create. I love the unique and unusual; I love dark art and skeletons, but equally enjoy fairies and hearts. Art glitter adds that extra magic to my pieces and I have been using it since I started creating collages and altered art!

I appreciate everything hand made and take a great deal of time and care when making my own pieces. I have been creating and selling collages and altered art for 10+ years (drawing/painting since I can remember) and have been selling my work online for 8 years now. I have had local shows and sold in boutiques in Sedona & Phoenix AZ. I sell mostly through etsy now http://www.etsy.com/shop/jupiterdesigns and when given the chance write in my blog http://jupiterdesigns.blogspot.com/ I am hoping to make new friends, inspire some of you and become more involved in this amazing handmade movement.


As always you will be able to find these designers and all our alumni on our guest designer page which also has links to all their projects. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment