Monday, June 21, 2010
Glitter Earrings by Lori Mendenhall
Most ladies love earrings – and I am no exception! After creating hundreds (thousands?) of pairs of earrings I wanted to come up with something very different from what I’d done before, or what anybody else had ever seen.
This very simple idea packs a powerful punch. Embellish charm blanks with glitter, add a bead or charm, hang on an ear wire and you have got yourself a unique and beautiful set of earrings.
Here are the supplies I used to make these sparkly earrings:
Bezels, www.vintagejewelrysupplies.com, item #R355
Designer Dries Clear Adhesive
Eclipse Ultrafine Opaque Hologram Glitter and/or Art Glitter colors of choice
Flat spiral bead caps, Fire Mountain Gems
1. Spread a thin layer of glue onto the bottom of the bezel and sprinkle with glitter. Let dry completely – very important.
2. Place the bead cap in the center of the bezel.
3. Fill the bezel with resin. Make sure not to overfill, or you will have a mess!
4. Let this cure for a minimum of 24 hours. Resin takes three days to fully cure but can be handled fine after one day.
5. Attach ear wires and a dangle.