Monday, July 5, 2010

Sparkle Flag Photo Album by Cassandra Midkiff

I hope everyone had a wonderful Independence Day! For this project I thought it would be fun to make an album to put all of your July 4th photos in.


Materials:
Art Glitter Ultrafine Transparent: Sea Shell #100
Art Glitter Ultrafine Opaque: Twilight #28
Art Glitter Designer Dries Clear Adhesive
Small photo album (the one pictured is a Kolo photo album I picked up at Tuesday morning)
Seam binding in Red and White
Illustration board or foam core
Forget my not flowers (optional)
Wire
Chipboard letters
Scrapbook papers
Brown stamp pad

Starting with the stars I made a very simple star outline on some illustration board and cut them out. With my stamp pad I aged the edges, then placed a small hole with a pin into the star where I attached the wire. Next I covered the star with Dries Clear Adhesive and sprinkled some of my Art Glitter “Sea Shell “ onto it. After finishing the stars I set them aside to dry. I took a hammer and nail and poked two holes into my photo album where I was going to place the stars (you could also use a small Dremel drill but I didn’t have one on hand.) I then went to work placing my red and white seam binding onto the photo album, I attached the ribbon with my Dries Clear adhesive scrunching the ribbon together slightly to create a wavy effect.

While the album was drying I glittered some of my letters in “Sea Shell”and the word July in “Twilight” Art Glitter. I had to create my own number four out of scrapbook paper since I didn’t have one on hand. To attach the stars I just slipped the wire into the holes made by my hammer leaving enough room to twist the excess wire to hold the stars in place. On the white stripes of the flag I smeared the dries clear adhesive where I sprinkled even more “Sea Shell.” After letting the glitter dry I attached my forget my not flowers. These little albums would be a fun gift to the ones you shared the holiday with or a sweet remembrance for yourself.

1 comment: