When Halloween is over you can get one of these pumpkins on sale and make it into a cute little fairy house!
Here is what you will need:
1-Medium size foam pumpkin (found at a craft store and also at target)
1-scrap piece of cardboard
1- shape knife
1- piece of scrap fabric
1- button (not pictured)
ribbon (not pictured)
Hot Glue Gun (not pictured)
Art Glitter - Ultrafine Opaque Colors: Dubonnet #6, Cavalado #109, Old Gold #65, Brown #58
Art Glitter Designer Dries Clear Adhesive
1. Draw and outline of what you want your Door to look like. You want it to be a big door so that you can fit all your fairy stuff inside!
2. Cut out your door using a sharp knife. Be very careful while you are doing this!
3. Cut out a piece of cardboard to use as a floor in your fairy house.
4. Use a brush to spread the Art Glitter Dries Clear Adhesive on the cardboard and sprinkle the glitter on. Shake off the excess glitter. I use Brown # 58.
5. Use your glue gun to secure your floor to the pumpkin.
Also use the hot glue to attach a piece of scrap fabric to the lip of the pumpkin (this is going to act as a hinge for out door)
Hot glue the other side of the fabric to the lip of the door you cut out.
6. Make some fairy furniture out of cardboard and other supplies you can find around your house! Decorate them with glitter! I used: Dubonnet #6, Old Gold # 65, Brown #58
7. Cut a piece of ribbon long enough to wrap around the stem and hot glue it on to the door, Hot glue a button over where the ribbons overlap. Make sure you can get the loop around the pumpkin stem before you glue!
Add some more around the inside of the door.
Take it outside and see if you can attract a fairy or two to live in this cute little house!
You can make these Fairies easily from Pink and Green Mama's Tutorial!
I, of course, added some glitter to mine! : )