Saturday, May 21, 2011

Glitter Makes Everything Better by Janelle Burba

As I have been thinking about my post for this month and wanting to share my glitter with all of you, my mind went directly back to elementary school. Even as a young girl, I loved glitter!!! Of course, glitter has changed dramatically and its purposes right along with it. The thick glitter that we remember is probably still available somewhere but the glitter that I get to work with these days is truly amazing. The textures and varsity of colors Art Glitter make this glitter interesting not only to the eye but to the touch as well. I have been working with some different canvas this month. You will see what I mean as you check out the photographs.



My first canvas is something that you are all familiar with. Paper! In the first photo, I just wanted to show you how a little glitter makes all the difference in the butterfly and flowers. You see, you don't have to make a big production to enhance the beauty of any object you are working with. Honestly, a little goes along way. I have to be careful not to "over do it" as my motto is, "anything worth doing is worth over-doing"!

Which brings me to my next canvas: my daughter Natalie. As you can see, my daughter Natalie's make-up artist (my niece Valerie) used a lovely blue to enhance the beauty of her eyes. It was actually very simple as you can buy several types of body glue at any super store. You just add the glitter to the glue and WALAH!.. My challenge for you today is to enhance anything with glitter. Please use pictures to me at janelle.burba@gmail.com as I would love to see what you all are doing.

Art Glitter Designer Dries Clear Adhesive
Art Glitter Ultrafine Metal Tip
302 Honey Suckle Ultrafine Transparent
713 Fair Microfine Transparent
600 Indian Summer Fine Vintage Glass Glitter
97 Nirvana Ultrafine Transparent

NOTE FROM ART GLITTER: All polyester glitter is acid free and safe for wearing on skin. A few ultrafine opaque colors have a mix of metallic glitter in them and are not skin safe. Click HERE for a list of glitter colors that are NOT cosmetic grade. All other Ultrafine, Chunky and Microfine glitter are safe. Glass Glitter is NOT safe for wearing.

1 comment: