Last May, at the Great Lakes Mega Meet, I discovered a new product and promptly fell in love … Globecraft Memories. The globes come in kits with chipboard frames that can be layered around a globe — which is perfect for 3-D items.
It’s taken me a while, but I finally put one together using some wonderful products from Art Glitter.
This one was particularly challenging to photograph because of the reflections in the globe, so I’ve included some close up photos to help you see all of the dimension and sparkle in this project.
First, I stamped the fairy (from JudiKins) three times on X-Press It Blending Card and colored each image with Copic Sketch Markers. Then, I cut the three images out and used foam adhesive to attach them together for dimension.
I thought her dress and hat should be really special. I imagined the dress as layers of beaded fringe, so using Designer Dries Clear Adhesive with the Ultrafine Metal Tip, I covered her dress and hat in Small Glass Beads in Clear (810) from Art Glitter.
Then, I added Microfine Transparent Winter White Glitter (711) to the spots on the wings and her socks. Since this glitter is transparent, the color shows through underneath.
I wanted her to have a bit more sparkle, so I added Microfine Transparent in Poupon (717), which is also transparent, to the place where her wings come out from her body.
While that dried, I turned my attention to the frame.
I wasn’t in the mood to trace, cut and sand, so I decided to ink the frame instead of covering it with paper. I used Rusty Hinge Distress Ink to cover each piece. Then, I used stamps from Tim Holtz and Studio 490, along with Ranger Archival Ink, to create pattern.
Next, I used Designer Dries Clear Adhesive to adhere the fairy and the globe to the background, and then to attach each of the frames to the top.
For accents, I covered some Grungeboard flowers from Tim Holtz with Vintage Glass Glitter in Chocolatta (624). (you could use cardstock or chipboard to make your own, if you need to). I glued those to the frame and then found a few dried flowers in my garden and added them. Once the adhesive was dry, I added a bit of twine from May Arts and some additional glue underneath to make it all stay put.
I love the juxtaposition of the Vintage Glass Glitter with the dried flower pods …
(TIP: It takes a bit more time for Designer Dries Clear Adhesive to set up on surfaces other than paper or fabric. So, I took my time and watched television while I held each flower in place and waited for the glue to set. It does adhere beautifully, it just requires a bit more patience than we are used to.)
I covered some additional Grungeboard die cuts (of butterflies and dragonflies) in Ultrafine Transparent Halo (230), Ultrafine Opaque Sand (68) and Ultrafine Opaque Sage (122) and adhered them around the frame.
Finally, I added a few brads and pronounced it finished.
(I received Art Glitter products in exchange for this post)