Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Glitzy Paper Wreath with Cherie

There is something fun about playing with paper, glue and glitter.

Today my project involves all three.

I wanted to make a wreath for inside my house, as a wall statement. Which I plan on hanging in my craft room.




Products Used:
Designer Dries Clear Adhesive
Art Glitter #27 Navy Ultrafine Opaque Glitter
Art Glitter #60 Sahara Ultrafine Opaque Glitter
Ultrafine Metal Tip
Tombow Stamp Runner Dot Adhesive
Metal Hoop
Paper, Any kind you want! I used Authentique Genuine Collection
Paintbrush
Twine


I started by taking a gold ring that I purchased at a local craft store. When I was there I found perfect paper for the project as well!

I ending up cutting 6"x6" paper into 6" by 1/2" strips. I picked a few different patterned paper and cut them until I had a good pile on the table. You can always cut more.


I took a strip of paper and wrapped one end of it around the metal hoop. Using the Tombow Stamp Runner Dot Adhesive, I then stamped a dot a glue on the end of the strip and adhered it to itself.




I did this all the way around the hoop until there was no room to add another.


I added a little twine loop to what I would consider the top, and then added more strips. This time I put them on the back of the wreath. I continued to use the Tombow Stamp Runner Dot Adhesive and put a dot of adhesive at the top of each strip and placed it on the edge of the ring between two of the already attached strips.


I completed the circle so it looked nice and full.

Next I used Designer Dries Clear Adhesive and brushed the glue onto each end. I started by using the Navy glitter on all the longer pieces, and the Sahara glitter on the shorter pieces.



I wanted to add some more glitz to it, so I drizzled Designer Dries Clear Adhesive up and down the strips of paper and around the ring using the Art Glitter Ultrafine Metal Tip, then sprinkled on the glitter!


 A beautiful glitzy paper wreath!


I hope you enjoyed my project today. You could also do this with different holiday papers to celebrate each season or special occasions! 

Be sure to stop by my blog, http://oneheartscrapper.blogspot.com today! I have another glitter project to share with you!



2 comments:

  1. Love it!! Such a simple idea, but what a great statement piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Very creative! Love the bling on the strips - really makes a statement.

    ReplyDelete