Art Glitter Designer Dries Clear Adhesive
Ultrafine Metal Tip
Art Glitter Fantasy Fiber in Snowflake
Art Glitter Microfine Pearlescent #533 Mini Pearl
Art Glitter Ultrafine Hologram #389 Leia
Art Glitter Microfine Opaque #518 Oak
Globecraft Memories Make Your Own Ornament
Figurine (I got a package of 3 at the Dollar Store)
Tim Holtz Distress Paint in Tarnished Brass
Manual Die Cut Machine
Tim Holtz Snowflake Embossing Folder
Brad (I used a white star shaped brad)
May Arts Ribbon
1) Use the fine metal tip on the Designer Dries Clear Glue to add "snow" edging on the figurine with Pearlescent Glitter. The pearlescent is the most opaque white, which is important for the snow to show up.
2) Pull cotton ball apart a little and adhere to the bottom of the globe with glue. Adhere figurine on the top.
3) Place some of the Fantasy Fiber around the figurine to look like snow that has been kicked up.
4) Paint all three of the ornament frames with the Distress Paint. Let dry.
5) Run the two outside frames through the die cut machine with the embossing folder.
6) Glue the edge of the globe (with the figure in it) to the interior frame. (The one with the loop). Let dry a little.
7) Add some of the Leia glitter in the dome. Initially, this was supposed to act as a snow globe, but with the static, some of the glitter stuck to the sides of the dome, while the rest found its way down the side of the cotton ball. After some consideration, I decided that I liked it this way. The glitter in the cotton ball makes the "snow" appear prettier. The glitter on the sides of the dome look like a cross between snow and frost. Although I used holographic glitter, I think it lent the project a vintage look.
8) Glue the other side of the globe onto the other side of the center piece. Let dry.
9) Meanwhile, put a little Designer Dries Clear on your finger and rub lightly over the top of the frame. Make sure to use the side that has the snowflakes indented. Work in a very small section at a time.
10) Pour the Oak Glitter over the top of the glue and tap off the excess. Let dry.
11) Repeat steps 9 and 10 with the other frame.
12) Glue the frames to the outside of the domes. Let dry.
13) Use the Big Bite to attach a brad to the bottom of the ornament.
14) Attach the crystal using jump rings.
15) Attach a jump ring to the top.
16) Tie a ribbon around the top to create the hanger.
17) Tie a ribbon around the bottom.