Do you sometimes feel stumped when it comes to giving a hostess gift or when you want to give a little something to a friend to show them you care but don't know what? Fear not! You are a lean mean crafting machine and that means you'll be able to whip up these delightful personalized votive candle holders in no time at all. All you need is a picture of your friend/s – I printed mine in photoshop and altered the mode to grayscale but you can do the same at a photocopy shop if you like. You also might have to shrink the image down to size to fit nicely on your votive holder.
• #724 No moon transparent microfine glitter
• #740 Raspberry transparent microfine glitter
• #263 Bright Gold Ultrafine opaque glitter
• Sticky paper
• Designer Dries Clear Adhesive
• book text, computer text
• tiny black feather
• votive candle holders
• photocopy or computer generated prints
1. Choose a photo of your friend and alter it in photoshop making it into a grayscale image. You could also bring your photo to the photocopy center and print it out in black and white. Print your image and cut out.
2. Cut a rectangle of sticky paper. For “music man” you will also be cutting out a crown shape and heart. For “2 creative chicks” you will be cutting out a heart and thin strip for a headband.
3. Print out text for your votive creations. I chose “music man” and “2 creative chicks”. I could have chosen to print out the names or nicknames of the recipients. Clip and outline in pencil.
4. Tear a piece of book text for each holder.
5. For the “2 Creative chicks” I removed the paper backing of the sticky paper and laid down the book text and image. I adhered the words “2 creative chicks”. I then dipped the sticky back paper and image into the bright gold ultrafine opaque glitter. I then removed the backing from the headband and dipped it in No Moon transparent microfine glitter. I glued the tiny black feather down and then adhered the headband on top. I cut out a heart shape from the sticky paper and dipped it in raspberry transparent microfine glitter. I then adhered it to the image.
6. For “Music Man” I removed the paper backing of the sticky paper and laid down the book text and image. I adhered the words “Music man”. I then dipped the sticky back paper and image into the bright gold ultrafine opaque glitter. I then removed the backing from the crown and dipped it in No Moon transparent microfine glitter and adhered it. I cut out a heart shape from the sticky paper and dipped it in raspberry transparent microfine glitter. I then adhered it to the image.
7. I adhered both images to the votive candle holders with Designer Dries clear adhesive.
Add a candle and a glittery gift tag and VOILA! You have a fabulous personalized gift for that special friend.