Saturday, December 22, 2012

Glittered Rainbow Baby Shoes Ornament

It's my friends' little girl's first Christmas. They are into rainbows, so I thought I would transform a pink porcelain baby shoes ornament into a snazzy rainbow pair.
I used a LOT of glitter. I made a mess. Embrace it. The results are worth it!
The glitter I used, from red to purple:
  1. #7 - Red Rose - Ultrafine Opaque Glitter
  2. #349 - Garnet Red - Ultrafine Opaque Glitter
  3. #56 - Pumpkin Orange - - Ultrafine Opaque Glitter
  4. #350 - Butterscotch - Ultrafine Opaque Glitter
  5. #361 - Cat Eyes Yellow - Ultrafine Opaque Glitter
  6. #280 - Lime Rind Green - Ultrafine Opaque Glitter
  7. #109 - Cavalado Green - Ultrafine Opaque Glitter
  8. #234 - Turquoise Blue/Green - Ultrafine Opaque Glitter
  9. #113 - Sky Blue - Ultrafine Opaque Glitter
  10. #270 - Chesapeake Blue - Ultrafine Transparent Glitter
  11. #24 - Royal Wink Blue - Ultrafine Opaque Glitter
  12. #13 - Plum Pink (Purple) - Ultrafine Opaque Glitter
And I used 3D Embossit Art Glitter Adhesive to give the areas I glittered a little bit of a lift. Here are the shoes prior to starting... (if you happen to want these shoes, I sell them on my website, too!)
First, I removed the bows from the shoes...
Then I smothered one shoe in glue using a paintbrush...
I then started slowly adding glitter in the red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple order...
I did the same thing to shoe #2 and voila... here they are all finished:




With the leftover glitter (isn't it gorgeous?!), I made a few gift tags. I smothered each tag in glue using my finger and pressed it into the glitter, like so:






To see more projects and art by Carrie, check out her blog Violet Cottage.


















2 comments:

  1. These are different! So cute! Love that tags too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! You really transformed the plain shoe into something unique! I love the color, so cool! plus it can be folded. This is the first time I saw this. Amazing!

    BabyShoe.com

    ReplyDelete