Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pepermint Fun

Nothing adds a festive feel to ordinary objects like glitter!  I found this glass plate in the dollar aisle at Target and was instantly inspired with a quick and simple holiday decor idea.....a Starlight Mint Plate.

For this project I used:  Art Glitter Designer Dries Clear Adhesive (DDCA), Art Glitter Ultra fine glitters - #351 Pink Diamonds and #86 Angel Dust, Helmar Vellum Adhesive Spray, Clear Acrylic Spray Sealer.

I used a metal fine tip on the DDCA to trace one of the swirls in the glass on the back of the plate.

Then I sprinkled Pink Diamonds glitter over the glue and tapped offed the excess.

I repeated this process at even intervals around the plate and created a sunburst pattern in the center, then I set the plate aside to dry completely.

Once the glue was dry, I brushed off the excess pink glitter and sprayed the back of the plate with Helmar Adhesive spray.  While the adhesive was still wet, I sprinkled Angel Dust Glitter over the back of the plate.  

The adhesive spray and glitter give the plate a frosted look.  I set it aside to dry, and once it was dry I sprayed the back of the plate with two coats of acrylic spray sealer.  This protects the glitter and keeps it from shedding.   

Since all of the design work is on the back of the plate, you can use the plate for light use - candy dish, cookie plate, decoration, etc - but do not put it in the dishwasher or soak it in water. 

Please visit my blog for more glittering fun!

Happy Holidays!
KC

2 comments: