Art Glitter Design Team Call:
Beginning: February 11, 2013
Ending: March 22, 2013
New team members will be announced: April 1, 2013 (no Fooling!)
Term from May 1, 2013 through April 30, 2014
(First projects will be due April 29, 2013)
Do you love all things that sparkle and glitter? If so you may want to apply for the Art Glitter Design Team!
Here is what we would require from you:
1) A Blog: Sneak peeks for your posts that will be featured on the ART GLITTER blog at least twice per month. (your dates will be assigned) These posts must be live and on time. Since your posts are due to Kristi on specific dates you can schedule the sneak peek at the same time.**
2) Link: Your blog to social network sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
3) Galleries: If you are a paper/mixed media artist your work can be placed in online galleries such as Split Coast Stampers, Two Peas in a Bucket, Paper Craft Planet or others.
4) Challenges: Any challenge posted along with cross promotions. (These will usually work alongside of your normal posts.)
5) Submit for Publication: At least 3 times per year you will submit to online/print publications. These would be projects NOT used on the Art Glitter Blog.
6) Audition Pieces: Your samples can be cards, scrap pages, nail art, body art and dimensional items. We want crafters to see all the multiple ways Art Glitter products can be incorporated into their projects. Your samples will need to demonstrate a variety of techniques and products as well. Patterned papers, stamps, stencils and embellishments from other companies can be added, but the Art Glitter products MUST be the focus. A list of supplies and tutorial need to be included with each audition piece.
7) New Products: You will be required to sign a form promising not to share any new product info before release.
8) Facebook: Facebook Account is how we communicate news and information to the entire team at once.
9) NOTE: You are free to belong to two other design teams as long as they are not direct competitors of Art Glitter. Please advise Kristi of the teams you are currently participating.
** Actual blog posts will need to be submitted in HTML format. This will be explained to you further if you are picked to be on the team. Don’t worry, it is easy!
Here is what you can expect from us:
1) Product: We will provide you with a beginning kit with various types of glitter and other products. ($50-$75 in Retail Value)
2) Additional Supplies: You will receive 3 additional shipments from Art Glitter at $50 in retail value. Some you may have choices, other times, depending on challenges and cross promotions you my receive what is best for those needs. (August/November/February.)
3) Facebook: You will be welcomed into Art Glitter Designer Page on Facebook.
4) Discount: You will have a wholesale discount of 50% for purchase of other Art Glitter product for your use. If you are interested in teaching locally, there are other ways that the company will be willing to help you so that your classes are profitable for all.
5) Publication: Another reward opportunity will be available to you for being published in any of the main industry magazines such as Paper Crafts, Just Cards, Scrap & Stamps Arts, Stamper’s Sampler, and Nail Magazine etc. We understand that whether you are published is up to the editors. Please email a copy of your submitted design to Kristi. You will be provided with a list of Magazines and guidelines. Some publications pay for published work. Art Glitter will also compensate you with your choice of $25 payment or $50 in product. We take great pride in our Design Team Members, so any opportunity that we can help to promote you and your creativity will be made a priority. We will do our best to keep you updated on what publications are looking for. Keep in mind; most publications are working months in advance so a Christmas issue may have their call for submissions as early as March or April.
This is what we need from you by March 15, 2013:
1) Samples: at least two cards, a dimensional item or several nail art samples. Photos of your samples need to be emailed along with tutorials. This is important as your projects will be posted on the Art Glitter Blog, and your pictures need to be crisp, clean, clear, and well lit. Pay attention to spelling, grammar, and punctuation. We don’t expect you to be an English teacher, but these items affect how others perceive you and Art Glitter as well.
2) Bio & Photo Of You: A couple of paragraphs describing you…why you paper-craft or do nail art. How long have you been creating. Why do you want to be part of the Art Glitter Team? Why would you be a good addition to the team?
You will want to rely on US and we will want to rely on YOU. If you have any questions, please feel free to email Kristi at email@example.com
Please email your samples by March 22, 2013, to:
Kristi Parker Van Doren
DT Lead – Art Glitter