Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Fun Butterfly

Hello, Kristi here to share a fun and simple project with you.  I love butterflies and love glitter so it is a natural combo for me.    I started with a simple wooden cut out of a butterfly, glitter and Designer Dries Clear adhesive (DDCA).
 I am using Slate, Leaf, Kelly, Red Rose, Grape, Teal, Bananan
 I like to apply the glue with a paint brush.  I did my outline first with the slate glitter.  I apply a bit of glue then glitter.  I repeat the process until the full outline of the butterfly is done.  I also am working from dark to light so I don't get dark flecks of glitter on my final yellow color.

This is the butterfly with all the outline applied.
 I have added the two greens and some blue and the first purple flower.  I love how it shines already!
 More color added!
And this is the finished butterfly.  I did cover the back all in Slate glitter as well.  I just need to find a fun place to hang this up and let it "fly"!  Hope you enjoyed this quick and simple, yet sparkling project!

Go to the Art Glitter web page to order your glitter and glue today! YES...we sale retail!

Check out my blog for more project ideas using glitter and stencils!
Sparkle On!
Kristi

1 comment: