Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Glittered Shoes


I have wanted some glittered shoes for a very long time, but I didn’t know where to find any that fit my taste. Nor, did I want to ruin a pair of shoes that I already had. But I found a happy medium.  I glittered the heel and platform only.


Today I will show you how to make your own fabulous pair of heels!
 
Supply List
-          A pair of heels (any kind will do, I used my go to black heels)
-          Art Glitter Ultrafine Opaque in whatever color you want! (I used #79 Black)
-          Designer Dries Clear Adhesive or Fabric Dries Clear Adhesive (I tried both on the shoes, especially on the leather part. They both works, but the fabric definitely works better on the leather)
-          Painters tape
-          Paintbrush
-          Clear Acrylic Spray Paint
 
I first started out my taping off the shoe. I covered all the edges with the tape so that if I slipped with the paint brush I wouldn’t get glue on the shoe.


I brushed  glue on the shoe is small batches using a paintbrush, then sprinkled on the glitter. I tapped it off the excess and continued to fill in all the spaces until all of the heel and platform were covered in the black glitter.
 
I contemplated doing a fun color. I really wanted to, but I also wanted to be able to wear these heels often, since they are my go to black heels.  So I kept them black. But knowing how great they turned out, I want to do another pair, and have them be my fun pair! I can imagine using the holographic glitter on these, I am sure they would knock everyone’s socks off!
 
I let the glitter and glue dry. Once they dried completely, I took them outside where I sprayed the heel and platform ONLY with the spray acrylic. Be sure not the get the spray on any other part of your shoe, otherwise they could be ruined! This is another reason why you should tape off the shoe.

Once that dried completely, I took off the tape (carefully). The outcome was amazing!!

Now it’s time to go out and show off these awesome shoes!! Be sure to stop by my blog, http://oneheartscrapper.blogspot.com for another glitter project!
 

2 comments:

  1. there yah go, what a marvelous, clever idea and I bet you get asked where did you get those shoes? Thanks for sharing, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is a clever idea! Fun way to cover up those heel scuffs.

    ReplyDelete