Thursday, August 23, 2012

Playing with Fatasy Fiber

I tried my hand this week at playing with Art Glitters Fantasy Fibers. I've not used them before so I started off very simply.
I started by pulling out a few hairs of Cameo Rose Fantasy Fiber and spread them out on a non-stick craft sheet. I wanted to see what Fantasy Film would do so I ripped off a strip and randomly cut it into tiny bits with my scissors then sprinkled the tiny bits onto the Fantasy Fiber. I spread the Bellflower Fantasy Fiber on top of this to make a sandwich and covered with another non-stick craft
sheet.

I followed the package instructions and ironed for 3-5 seconds. Peeled up the top non-stick craft sheet to reveal the beautiful flattened and fused fiber concoction! This can be die cut or punched or used as is. I chose to die cut a primitive heart. I also die cut the same primitive heart from white cardstock to use as a backing for the fiber heart.
Once cut, I placed the heart on my non-stick craft sheet and ran some Designer Dries Clear (DDC) around the edges then dipped it in a bead tray of Pink Cameo Vintage Glass Glitter. This creates a sparkly rim around the entire heart!
While that was drying I created another sandwich of Fantasy Fibers and sprinkled in Art Glitters Dreamsicle Dazzlers and Dragonfly Dazzlers in between and ironed them together to create a background piece. I stamped the Stampscapes' sentiment in Black Archival Ink and edged it with Black Archival Ink as well because it dries quickly. I punched the scallop border edge with EK's Scalloped Scallop Edger Punch and layered on top of a burgundy cardstock. I used DDC to adhere the fiber sandwich to the card face then added the sentiment then the fiber heart. Three small gems (Want2Scrap Sleek Strips Rhinestones - Silver) were added to the sentiment. The Fantasy Fibers and Film are fun to play with and die cut very easily. Visit my blog for other ideas using Art Glitter products.

Linda

5 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty! I love the soft shimmery fibres flattened out and shaped. Excellent tutorial. Thank you so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous-so sparkly! You made it look very easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very easy and very quick!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful. I am anxious to try this out myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, you have such wonderfully creative ideas! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete